We respect your privacy and your personal information and for this
reason, we take all reasonable measures, in accordance with this Policy,
to protect your personal information and to keep it confidential.
• We also voluntarily subscribe to the principles, outlined in Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 (‘ECT Act’), which govern your right to having your personal information kept private. We briefly outline these principles below:
• We will only collect, disclose, collate, process and store (‘use’) your personal information with your express written permission unless legally required to do so, and will only use such information for the lawful purpose for which it is required.
• We will disclose in writing, the specific purpose for which we use, request and store your personal information. We will also keep a record of that personal information and the specific purpose for which we collect it.
• We will not use your personal information for any other purpose, other than that which we disclosed to you, unless you give us your express written permission to do so, or unless we are permitted to do so by law.
In terms of the provisions of the ECT Act; we will disclose your personal information without your consent:
• If we are required to do so by law or a court order;
• If disclosure is in the public interest;
• If disclosure is in the Company’s interest;
• With your implied consent.
What is personal information?
In short, any information that we know about you will be regarded as your personal information.
Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, age and identity number, your assets and liabilities, your income and your payment records.
How we collect your personal information
Whenever you use this website, complete an application form, contact us electronically, or use one of the services offered by us, we will collect your personal information.
Why and how we collect and use personal information
The following are reasons why we would collect your personal information:
• to identify you;
• in order for us to process your instructions, applications or requests;
• in order for us to ensure that we meet your needs, we may collect and analyse your personal information and combine all the information that we have about you to compile a profile of you in order for us to personalise and tailor our services to meet your specific needs;
• once we have collected and analysed your personal information, we may send you promotional material or details which we think may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent.
Your privacy is important to us. We will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised entities or other third parties, for their independent use, without your consent.
Protection of your personal information
We value the information that you choose to provide us with and will therefore take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. The information we maintain concerning users of our website is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
When you use the services or products provided by us, you may be given a User ID and Password. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of your User name and Password.
Which laws apply?